Islamic Society of Triplex was established in January, 1986 as a non-profit religious organization registered with the State of Texas and affiliated with the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). The IST is governed by a constitution and its by-laws. The Structure of IST comprise of two administrative bodies:
Board of Trustees
Board of Directors
All members of both boards are elected members as per the constitution.
A Center of Islamic Excellence Serving the Golden Triangle Community
- To provide a suitable place and atmosphere for Muslims to perform five daily prayers, Fridays prayers and two Eid prayers.
- To provide religious and social services to all Muslims.
- To provide channels of understanding and communication between Muslims and the Golden Triangle community in general, and to engage in Da’wah work to preserve and propagate Islamic Traditions and values.
- To organize activities and provide opportunities for spiritual training and Islamic learning to its members in accordance with the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the prophet Muhammad (SAW).
- To maintain an Islamic School for children.
Islamic Society of Triplex has been in operation since January 1986. It was started as a small Masjid (Mossallah) in an apartment building to perform five daily and Friday congregational prayers. Members of IST also gathered on Sunday morning for Qur’anic study program. The place became really small as members often ended up praying outside the apartment.
On November of 1986, by the grace of Allah (SWT), and the generous support of community members a church building on Cardinal Drive was purchased and converted into the Islamic Center.
The building was renovated over the period of last 10-15 years into a fully functional Masjid to accommodate 300 brothers and sisters, wudu area, parking lot of about 100 spaces, library, kitchen, storage room and a full time elementary school (Pre-K & Kindergarten).
Alhamdulillah, about 5 years ago IST also purchased 5 acres of land adjacent to the Islamic Center to provide for future expansion with the help of community members.