VISIT BEAUMONT MOSQUE
We welcome all who would like to visit and observe the daily prayers and participate in the programs & activities at the Islamic Society of Triplex.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I wear?As visiting any other place of worship, it is appropriate to wear modest, loose-fitting clothes. For men, it is better to wear long pants and for women, to wear pants or full-length skirts or dresses, with full sleeves. Muslim women typically wear a headscarf as well.
- Why do we take our shoes off?It is required to remove one’s shoes before entering the prayer area at a Mosque, so that the floors and carpets are kept clean.
- Where are the women praying?Women offer prayers in a separate area that provides them privacy.
- How do Friday prayers work??Friday is the day of congregational prayers for Muslims–so a short sermon followed by a short prayer at the Mosque in congregation is substituted for the regular afternoon prayer. The service begins with the call to prayer, followed by a lecture (called the Khutbah), another call to prayer is made and the congregation stands to follow the Imam in prayer.
- Cell phone use allowed during servicesA ringing cell phone or talking on the cell phone is a distraction to any service at the Mosque. Please silence or power-off phones when entering the building.
- Is talking allowed during prayer?If you need to talk to someone during the prayer (while you are not praying, of course) please take the conversation outside the prayer hall into the lobby or hallways so as to not distract those who are praying.
- Is it allowed to stand/walk in front of someone praying?If you are walking through the prayer area and come across someone who is praying, please walk behind, instead of in front of him.
- Is shaking hands with opposite gender allowed?Many Muslims do not shake hands with anyone of the opposite gender. That is, men do not shake hands with women, and women do not shake hands with men. Unless he/she extends his/her hand first, it is better to not extend yours.
If you need any more clarification or would like to schedule a visit, please contact us →